LEMONY MORNING MUFFINS
Number of servings: 10
PointsPlus® value: 5
1 cup cake flour 1 cup oat-bran flour
½ cup sugar 1 tsp baking soda
1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese ¼ cup golden raisins
1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¾ cup fat-free milk ½ tsp lemon extract
Grated zest of 1 lemon 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Coat 10 muffin cups with cooking spray.
3. Put cake flour, oat-bran flour, sugar and baking soda into a medium bowl and stir together with a whisk.
4. Put ricotta, raisins, vegetable oil, milk, lemon zest, juice and extract and egg into another bowl and whisk together thoroughly.
5. Add liquids to dry ingredients and blend just until evenly moistened.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake 16 minutes, until lightly browned on top.