Number of servings: 8
POINTS per serving: 5
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 cups reduced-fat buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick)
½ cup sugar
2 tsp grated orange zest
2/3 cup low-fat (1%) milk
6 peaches, sliced
1 cup raspberries
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp strawberry preserves
1 cup thawed frozen light nondairy whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a 9-inch (25 cm) round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine baking mix, 3 tablespoons of sugar and orange zest.
3. Add milk and stir with a fork until a soft dough forms. Transfer to pan and press flat with floured fingers. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
4. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely, to-side up.
6. In a large bowl, combine peaches, raspberries, orange juice, preserves and remaining ¼ cup sugar. Let stand 30 minutes.
7. With a serrated knife, split shortcake in half horizontally. Place bottom, cut-side up, on a serving plate and spread with whipped topping. Top with two-thirds of fruit mixture.
8. Place top of cap, cut-side down, on fruit. Cut into wedges to serve, spooning on remaining fruit.