SEAFOOD FRA DIAVOLO
Number of servings: 8
POINTS per serving: 4
2 tsp olive oil
4 onions chopped
4 large garlic cloves, minced
(1) 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (no salt added)
(2) 8 oz cans tomato sauce (no salt added)
(1) 6 oz can tomato paste (no salt added)
¼ cup dry red wine
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
1 tsp dried basil
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 pound bay scallops
¾ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ lb. cooked crabmeat, picked over and flaked
(1) 12 oz. box capellini (angel-hair pasta)
¼ cup minced parsley
1. In a large Dutch oven heat the oil. Add the onions and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine, pepper flakes, basil, oregano, black pepper and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
3. Add the scallops, shrimp and crab; cook, stirring as needed, until the shrimp turns pink, 8-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the capellini according to package directions. Serve, topped with sauce; sprinkle with the parsley.
Featured In: Weight Watchers “Simply the Best” Cookbook